Oman’s Mwasalat suspended all trips between Dubai and Muscat following the deaths of 17 people in a bus accident on Thursday
Dubai Police said 17 people were killed in a bus accident along Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road near the Rashidiya exit to the metro station.
Mwasalat, the Omani government-owned transport company, has suspended all trips between Dubai and Muscat until further notice following the deaths of 17 people in a bus accident on Thursday.
“A company bus number EO5 on the route 201 towards Dubai has unfortunately been involved in a fatal car crash in the Emarat,” Mwasalat said in a statement to the Times of Oman newspaper.
“The company will suspend all trips on the Muscat-Dubai route until further notice starting from today and until further notice, after coordinating with the road and transportation authority in Dubai, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause,” the statement added.
Dubai Police said the accident happened when a bus, with 31 passengers on board, crashed into a sign post along Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road near the Rashidiya exit to the metro station.
Media reports said 17 people had been killed and five more were injured. An investigation has been launched.
The Indian consulate in Dubai said on Friday that 12 of those killed in the accident were from India.
With great sadness we inform that Indian fatalities in Dubai bus accident has gone up to 12. Our officers are at Rashidiya police station and mortuary to extend all assistance. Our effort now is to get formalities completed soon so that mortal remains can be repatriated soon. pic.twitter.com/ai3mbesBDl— vipul (@vipulifs) June 7, 2019
Os textos, informações e opiniões publicados neste espaço são de total responsabilidade do(a) autor(a). Logo, não correspondem, necessariamente, ao ponto de vista do Central da Pauta.